Submitted by J Upchurch in November 2012
The single, most important piece of knowledge that I could bestow upon a business student would be to explain how they can accept God’s gift of salvation and eternal life in Heaven. Knowing what happens to you when you die is by far the most important decision anyone can ever make. Here is a 10 step guide explaining how to do that.
1. For starter’s, you need to know what sin is. Sin is disobeying God’s commandments. An example of this would be telling a lie.
2. Recognize the fact that you are a sinner, because you have sinned against God.
3. Understand that there are consequences for committing sin, just as there are consequences for breaking the laws of the government. The punishment for sin is to burn in Hell for all eternity, but there is hope for you.
4. Know that God loves you and doesn’t want you to go to Hell. God loves you so much that He sent his one and only son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to pay the price for your sins.
5. Accept this gift by confessing with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.
6. Believe that God has raised Him(Jesus) from the dead.
7. Forgive everyone who has ever wronged you, because God cannot forgive you if you have un-forgiveness in your heart.
8. Ask for forgiveness of your sins and repent, or turn away from them.
9. Develop a personal relationship with Christ.
10. Commit yourself to following and doing God’s will for your life.
If you have followed all the above steps, you are saved by the blood of Jesus. You are now a brother of Christ and as such, an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ and you will live for all eternity in Heaven.
(These following steps are highly recommended, but not required for Salvation. Why stop now when you’ve come this far?)
Bonus Step # 1: Ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is an essential tool used in growing in your relationship with Jesus, building your faith, and fighting against the devil.
Bonus Step # 2 : (Note: You need to be filled with the Holy Spirit for God to impart these gifts unto you) Ask God to manifest the 9 Gifts of the Spirit in your life and He will.